Monday, October 24, 2011

FAQ #3 - How do I start on this cancer recovery journey?

I have read everything in your book. I want to do everything you suggest, but I am so overwhelmed. How do I start on this cancer recovery journey?
 
Thank you for writing and sharing your thoughts and concerns. I commend you for trying to do 'everything'. I can certainly understand your feeling of being overwhelmed, as I have 'been there' myself. 

If you have not done so already, read the answer to FAQ #2 on my blog's FAQ page about 'first steps'.  

In addition, I think the most important thing to remember is that no one (and I mean this sincerely - no one) yet knows the complete answer to how to keep me or you or anyone else 100% cancer-free (please read a post I have written about 'choices' at my dianadyer.com blog here). So pick and choose strategies from my book that seem reasonable, manageable, and affordable for you to implement. Anything is likely better than nothing. As you get one thing under control and implemented, then you may wish to pick another. 

When you have done what you can do, what feels right to you, then let the rest go. That's also where the expression 'Let go and let God' comes in. I hope you find some helpful thoughts here. 

I send all my best wishes for your health, healing of your spirit, and continued hope. 

Diana Dyer, MS, RD

No comments:

Post a Comment