Monday, October 17, 2011

Recipe - Chicken Salad Roll-ups

"The following recipe for Chicken Salad Roll-ups gives you an example of how I include organic chicken in my diet. (I modified this recipe from one similar in the Sept 2002 issue of Prevention Magazine)
  • 1 cup finely chopped or shredded cooked skinless chicken breast
    (about 1 medium sized piece) - chilled
  • 1 cup drained and rinsed black beans
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 1 cup seedless red grapes (cut in half or quarters if they are huge)
  • 1/2 cup hummus (any flavor will do)
  • 1 to 2 teaspoon curry powder (depends on how much curry you like)
  • 1/2 teaspoon roasted red chili paste (I use a brand by Thai Kitchen found in the Thai foods section of my regular grocery store)
  • whole wheat bread (I use whole wheat pita bread by Pita Gourmet™)
Directions:
  • Mix all ingredients together.
  • Spread on bread for sandwiches.
I served it with a large green salad, fresh fruit, and steamed green beans, fresh from the garden. Ingredients could easily be added or increased to make enough to serve more people. 

My husband commented on how good this was at least 3 times during dinner. That is a sign of a recipe to keep and repeat again some day soon!
 
Servings: Makes about 2 large dinner sandwiches and enough leftover for one lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment